Savannah Dental Clinic acknowledges that our office follows the Alberta Dental Association Sterilization Guidelines to the strictest degree. We also use the latest technology and equipment to always ensure the highest level and standards are used to maintain a sterile environment. You may be interested to know of some of the measures that our dental clinic take to protect both our clients and our staff from disease transmission:
- Staff vaccinated against HBV
- Our staff wear masks, gloves, as well as protective eyewear which is worn both by the staff and our patients
- Medical “dishwasher”-style instrument cleaners
- Sterilisers are tested daily with biologic monitors cultured in our on-site incubators
- Sterilisers are tested with chemical indicator strips/tape in each load
- Every steriliser load is biologic monitored, and the instruments held in quarantine until passed
- All surgery is performed using single-use packaged sterile water or saline irrigation
- Restorative handpiece (drill) units are flushed and on a closed, waterline disinfected system
If you ever have any questions about infection control, please don’t hesitate to ask. We are proud of our protocols in this area, and will gladly provide you with a tour and demonstration of our sterilisation centre.
Dr. Quinn Pham _ Edmonton General Dentist since 2001.